We are looking for a fitter to install signage and vinyl graphics all over the country.
About the Role
- Job title: Sign Fitter
- Level: Intermediate
- Department: Installation
- Contract type: Full-time
- Main function: Nationwide signage installation
- Contracted hours: This is a full-time position (Monday to Friday) but will need to be flexible to work outside of normal working hours.
- Reporting to: Production Manager
- To ensure that all signage is completed on time, and to a quality standard consistent with the required standards
- Install all types of signage (ie. internal, small and large external, free-standing and affixed to existing structures)
- Follow all company procedures for install of signage and graphics
- Make sure Method Statements are followed, and inform your Manager of any changes
- Take responsibility for your own and others’ health and safety when working
- Ensure company installation vehicles are thoroughly and regularly checked, in line with the company’s vehicle policy
- Undertake regular stock checks of tools and materials within the installation vans
- Ensure that all equipment is routinely checked for safety, in line with legislation
- Provide polite, efficient interaction with clients and all others always
- Be flexible with start and finish times to enable the company to deliver jobs effectively
- To assist members of the management team and the in-house production staff if required
- To demonstrate a mature, considered approach to workplace issues and relationships
- Ideal candidate: This site-based role will entail implementing installations and delivery of signage to our client’s sites. As part of this, the post holder will need to work individually and as part of a team to deliver on set targets. The perfect candidate suited to this role would maintain high standards of quality, be self-motivated and a good role model for their colleagues. This job would suit an individual who likes to see the impact they have on both our company and our client’s business.
Required skills / experience:
- Proven experience in a sign-making role would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of fitting is preferred but not essential. Knowledge could come from other industries such as shop fitting, window fittings etc.
- Driving licence essential and must be 25yrs old or above for insurance purposes